Connect to Support Hillingdon
Please review and correct the information below.

Benefits funding and grants


Benefits are essential to the financial welfare of many people, so it is important to take up your full entitlement. The majority of benefits are overseen by the Government, through the Department for Work and Pensions. The main exception is payment for people who are eligible for help with housing costs, which are organised by the council. Tax credits are dealt with by HM Revenues and Customs.

Financial help if you have children

There are a wide range of benefits available if you have children, from help when you are having a baby or adopting, child benefit, tax credits and support for child care, to financial help if you have a disabled child.

Where can I find out about the benefits available?

A benefits calculator is available for you to work out what you may be entitled to.

The council website has information about benefits, grants and funding, including free school meals.

Useful information can be found on the GOV.UK website regarding all aspects of financial help if you have children.

The HMRC website gives full details on claiming tax credits including child tax credit and working tax credit.

There are also a range of specialist agencies which can give help and advice on claiming benefits and dealing with appeals in our directory, as well as access to work and training.


For information and advice on funding for care needs, please see our Personal Budget pages.


Grants are available for adapting and improving your home including disabled facilities, as well as education grants for things like free school meals, free school travel, student support and free early education entitlement funding (FEEE).

The council also offers access to free child care for 2 year olds.

Last reviewed: 26/09/2017

Useful links


Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Benefits funding and grants

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email info@shop4support.com

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.

While every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, neither Hillingdon Council or PCG Care Solutions will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages. Those using the site are advised to refer to the Buyers Guide prior to making a purchase as well as making their own enquiries and seeking independent advice.


Copyright© 2012 - 2017 PCG Care Solutions. View our Terms of use, our Privacy policy or our Accessibility statement